Maintenance Mechanic FT
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is currently hiring a Full Time Maintenance Mechanic for our Maintenance Department.
We have current openings for:
- Full Time Sunday-Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM
Our Full-Time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits on the FIRST day of employment!
What will I do?
Our Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing plumbing, carpentry, and electrical duties across campus to ensure that apartments and the appliances in them re operating and in good repair.
- Plan and affect the repair and renovation of offices, floors, stairways, partitions, doors, windows and furniture items.
- Perform the installation, repair and maintenance of water, sewage, and drainage and air systems such as urinals, water closets, washbasins, sinks, drinking fountains, heat furnaces, boilers and processing tanks.
- Conduct routine and operational checks related to the maintenance and repair of domestic appliances such as: ranges, refrigerators, laundry washers and dryers, dishwashers, microwave ovens, garbage disposals, and fan coil units
- Participate in the loading, transportation and unloading of equipment and supplies.
- Report on items requiring service or repair; monitor security of buildings on assigned shifts.
What do I need for this role?
- A High School Degree or GED.
- Plumber, carpenter, electrical or millwright experience.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to dead lift 50 pounds and walk 25 feet.
- Must be able to work in boiler room on occasions where temperatures in the summer rise to between 105 and 110 degrees F.
- Must be capable of climbing through a drop ceiling and working above the ceiling at heights of 8 to 14 feet above the floor.
- Must not have any physical limitations that would prevent the performing of duties and responsibilities of this job description
What makes Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay unique?
Founded in 1982, Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is a faith based, not-for-profit, Life Plan Continuing Care Community to serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader community.
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shore of Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, in a beautiful, resort-like setting, provides innovative and comprehensive services designed to offer independent living, assisted living, and nursing care solutions.
Our employees, residents and guests carry out our mission daily: Creating community to foster joy and well-being. We maintain a close and friendly culture for our staff and residents by adhering to our Values of achieving excellence by giving and expecting:
RESPECT for each Person.
PASSION for what we do.
PROFESSIONALISM in all we do.
Check us out on Facebook: @WCBayCareers
Stay updated on Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay's response to COVID-19: https://www.wcbay.com/coronavirus
See this exciting video of The Hoy Center: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rk5JWgrnBcIOjtH3uj1FD49AcIRFykX8/view?…
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. Candidates are screened, in accordance with the Code of Virginia, with the State Police criminal background check including sex offender crimes. All new hires are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen and receiving the flu shot.
DAY ONE BENEFITS FOR ALL FULL-TIME HIRES!
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Same Day Pay-Get early pay access through UKG and get paid without waiting for your paycheck!
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Identity Theft Plan
- Legal Resources
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Scholarship Program for Employees/Family Members
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Six (6) Paid Holidays
- Team Member Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- On-Site Gym, Salon, Clinic & Pharmacy
- No Agency use for any clinical positions
- Bus Passes
- Monthly Toll Allotment