Design & Move-in Coordinator
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay (WCCB) is building a new independent senior living tower in Virginia Beach with 226 residential units and is seeking a Personalization Specialist to assist future residents choose their home finishes and upgrades. WCCB is made up of a vast team of talented and committed individuals, all dedicated to our mission: creating community to foster joy and well-being. The Personalization Specialist role will start in Q2 of 2024.
Throughout the next three years, while our new community is under construction, the Personalization Specialist will be responsible for communicating with our future residents and assisting them in their choices of interior finishes. Once the resident finishes selections are complete, the Personalization Specialist will continue to work with future residents as they plan for their move-in.
If you have a positive and professional manner, are eager to work with clients and lead them through our customization process we would like to hear from you. This position requires a high level of focus and attention to detail combined with an ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently. We expect this team member to have the drive and dedication to learn and grow within our growing organization
The Personalization/Design Specialist will handle all details of future resident finish selections for the Bay Tower Expansion:
- Manage the personalization process from beginning to end—including developing relationships with future residents, providing support and feedback throughout their decision-making process
- Reach-out to future residents to schedule their Personalization appointment(s) and provide them with selection choices.
- Present selection choices that are available, upgrades and cost estimates for any changes or upgrades chosen. Assist them with color pallet choices and finishes based on their expressed tastes and preferences.
- Coordinate with the project manager on customization requests, capturing the scope of the request so that the project manager can create a cost estimate.
- Conduct follow-up Personalization appointment(s) with future residents to ensure timely decisions are made.
- Throughout the personalization process ensure documentation is complete to ensure choices are accurately documented, signed off, etc.
- Communicate with internal and external project team members to ensure all selections are documented on time.
The Personalization/Design Specialist will also manage the move-in process for 226 residences in the Bay Tower Expansion., including but not limited to:
- Create and maintain a move-in master plan and schedule to allow smooth and timely move-ins for the Bay Tower.
- Assist future residents with move-in logistical details and support needed to assure a timely move to the community.
- Work with all future resident’s move-in vendors to assure all WCCB logistics, requirements and processes are adhered to through the move-in process.
- Participates in home turnover and ready process to assure a timely home readiness program. Includes participating in punch lists and ready lists, which are coordinated by the project manager.
- Coordinate all new resident move-in details for the Bay Tower.
- Assure assembly and preparation of move-in materials.
- Assure move-in day logistics are in place and covered.
- Track all Bay Tower resident communication in WC’s database Enquire.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years previous personalization (design) experience or related experience with superb interpersonal and project management skills:
- Detail-oriented, self-starter that can complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and self-confident
- Ability to interpret floor plans
- Must be accustomed to responsibility for personal workload and tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
- Able to set and meet internal and external deadlines and ensure necessary deliverables are achieved on time
- Work in our team environment in a supportive manner
Our candidate must have significant experience with MS and google suite applications. Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay uses cutting edge technology through Blue Fingerprint personalization software, Enquire CRM system, touch screen presentation systems, slide decks, and video, and as such it’s important the candidate is willing to be proactive and learn.
Reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Development
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of an employee. The organization reserves the right to change or modify this job description at any time.
What makes Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay unique?
Founded in 1982, Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is a faith based, not-for-profit, Life Plan Continuing Care Community to serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader community.
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shore of Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, in a beautiful, resort-like setting, provides innovative and comprehensive services designed to offer independent living, assisted living, and nursing care solutions.
Our employees, residents and guests carry out our mission daily: Creating community to foster joy and well-being. We maintain a close and friendly culture for our staff and residents by adhering to our Values of achieving excellence by giving and expecting:
RESPECT for each Person.
PASSION for what we do.
PROFESSIONALISM in all we do.
Check us out on Facebook: @WCBayCareers
Stay updated on Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay's response to COVID-19: https://www.wcbay.com/coronavirus
See this exciting video of The Hoy Center: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rk5JWgrnBcIOjtH3uj1FD49AcIRFykX8/view?…
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. Candidates are screened, in accordance with the Code of Virginia, with the State Police criminal background check including sex offender crimes. All new hires are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen and receiving the flu shot.
DAY ONE BENEFITS FOR ALL FULL-TIME HIRES!
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Same Day Pay-Get early pay access through UKG and get paid without waiting for your paycheck!
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Identity Theft Plan
- Legal Resources
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Scholarship Program for Employees/Family Members
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Six (6) Paid Holidays
- Team Member Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- On-Site Gym, Salon, Clinic & Pharmacy
- No Agency use for any clinical positions
- Bus Passes
- Monthly Toll Allotment