Senior Gift Processing Assistant
Evansville, IN, USA
Title: Senior Gift Processing Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Grade 6: $14.06/hour
EEO Job Group: 5 E5
The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Senior Gift Processing Assistant.
Coordinate daily activities of gift processing for the Development Office/USI Foundation to ensure operation and accuracy of the gift processing system with regard to electronic record maintenance as well as data entry and adjustment.
- Research, review, and process data into the database system including:
• Gifts and Payments – research the donor’s database ID for correct address, telephone number, and email; research data for spouse, if not already linked to the donor; review donor records for pledges and previous giving history for verification of gift designation; complete the coding sheet with all pertinent data so that the gift/payment is entered correctly.
• Matching Gifts – research the giving history of the donor whose gift is being matched; review that the address is current; research the donor’s record for gift being matched; verify whether the matching gift is paid directly from the employer or if the match was processed by a third-party vendor; complete the coding sheet with all pertinent data so that the match is entered correctly; ensure that the data is entered correctly into the database by the Senior Gift Processing Assistant so that the matching gift can be posted in the database.
• Payroll Deductions – research the employee’s Banner record for current address, office telephone number and department; verify with the gift officer of the employee’s designation(s), deduction schedule and total amount of their pledge; verify with Payroll the employee’s pay schedule, i.e. full or part-time faculty; complete the payroll deduction form for the employee’s signature; keep track of outstanding pledge forms to ensure that the forms are returned in a timely manner for data entry and processing by Payroll; verify that the pay date is correct and adjust the deductions so that the payroll deduction pledge is paid in full.
• Gifts-in-Kind – review the data entered by the Senior Gift Processing Assistant is correct and complete; verify donor’s database ID number, address, and phone number, if provided; note whether or not the donor wants a printed receipt for their gift-in-kind; enter the data into the database.
• Pledges – research the donor’s database record for correct ID number, address, phone number and email; consult with the gift officer about the total pledge amount, designation and pledge reminder date; review the donor’s previous giving history for unpaid pledges and/or gifts that were not applied correctly to a previous pledge; complete the online pledge form when asked by the gift officer; enter the pledge into the database.
• Transfers – keep track of annual gift transfers to ensure that the transfer data entry is completed in a timely manner; review the Transfer form completed by the Senior Gift Processing Assistant prior to entry into the database.
• Write-offs – after conferring with gift officer about disposition of a pledge, the Senior Gift Processing Assistant completes the Write-off form for signature by the Vice President of Development. Review donor’s database record for payments made towards the pledge, making careful note of the amount paid, if applicable; enter the Write-off into the database.
• Adjustments – verify the reason for the adjustment; discuss with Foundation Accounting when there is any question about the reason for the adjustment; when the adjustment is made after the receipt is printed, collect and attach all pertinent paperwork as back-up to the adjustment form; complete the adjustment form for review by the Senior Gift Processing Assistant; delete memo credit linked to the gift, delete the auxiliary pages for the gift/payment; complete the adjustment in the database. If the adjustment is for a payment on a pledge, the pledge number must be removed from the payment before the adjustment is entered. This will include an adjustment to the pledge before payment is re-entered. Necessary adjustments before the batch is closed may be made without back-up, noting the reason for the adjustment on the Data Control Form.
- Verify that all database sessions are finalized at each month end.
- Communicate with Foundation Accounting staff regarding transfers of funds including, but not limited to, monthly contributions and credit card transfers from gifts and payments received.
- Communicate with the Foundation Accounting staff regarding adjustments fed into the Banner Finance system and write-offs entered in the Banner Finance system.
- Responsible for managing the payroll deduction program for employees who contribute to the USI Foundation through payroll deduction, including a review of the employees’ charitable gifts and calculation of the payroll deductions for the various designations. Communicate with the Payroll staff regarding adjustments to employees’ payroll deductions prior to payroll feeds.
- Verify needed adjustments or corrections as specified on daily reports.
- Communicate efficiently with gift officers to ensure accuracy of information regarding charitable gifts and pledges.
- Verify eligible matching gifts with system information. Responsible for monitoring matching gifts in process.
- Run reports using report writer software.
- Maintain USI Annual Scholarships spreadsheet as pertains to gifts and pledges.
- Upload letters and other correspondence into the database.
- Assist with Foundation appeals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years’ office experience required.
- High data entry speed, high level of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Experience with computers, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, database, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and email software required.
- Refined time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills with a keen attention to detail required. Ability to multi-task and work under time-sensitive deadlines required.
- Ability to assume responsibilities and work under limited supervision required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Associate degree preferred.
- Working experience with computer information systems and data entry in a development or university setting desirable.
- Experience with Banner, Cognos report-writing software or SQL a plus.
Regular Work Hours/Travel Requirements
- Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Occasional irregular work hours may be required to meet various deadlines.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 7% of annual salary.
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children.
- Accrue up to 10 paid vacation days per fiscal year – accrual increases after 4, 7, and 11 years of service
For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits.
Click “Apply Now!” near the top right of this page to complete an application and upload application materials. Application materials should include:
- Letter of Interest
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Authorization to Work in the United States
USI typically will not sponsor an employment-related visa for this position.
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please contact the manager of Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 464-1840. Contacting the manager of Employment is intended for use in seeking disability-related accommodations only. For general applicant inquiries, contact Human Resources at HumanRes@usi.edu or (812) 464-1815.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.