OMT Table Trainer - Adjunct Professor
Reporting to the Chair for Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine this role will provide instruction specifically in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) lab.
- Works with Department Chair to provide hands-on table-training to Osteopathic Medical Students
- Assists in monitoring the progress of all students to ensure successful progress toward graduation and recommend disciplinary action when necessary
- Teaches in assigned courses
- Assist in student testing, re-testing and remediation as necessary
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Board Eligible/Certified DO or MD with appropriate training and skills
- Clinical experience practicing OMT within their specialty
- Graduate of an accredited College of Osteopathic Medicine or LCME
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be detailed oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and the desire and ability to learn course management software/distance learning technologies
- Please provide examples of accomplishments, skills, and publications
- Experience in precepting Osteopathic medical students in a clinical setting.
- Experience as an instructor in an OMM/OPP department or CME course
- Leadership abilities in influencing and shaping performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to contribute to organizational growth and development
- Strong team & people management skills
- Strong, effective, and diplomatic oral communication skills
- Public speaking skills
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.