Adjunct - Respiratory Care
Columbus, OH, USA
Job Description:The Adjunct position provides quality instruction and maintains a positive learning environment in the classroom, with major emphasis placed on teaching, supporting and evaluating students. The Adjunct role provides instruction and monitors teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chair, or other leadership members. The incumbent must exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask while engaging large groups of people with complicated material.
Instruction & Student Learning
- Teaches assigned courses as scheduled. Designs curriculum embracing diversity, in all forms, to foster talent in students while modeling inclusive teaching strategies, with an understanding of the socio-cultural issues of traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Considers individual differences of students in order to design and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
- Participates in the identification of students with academic or other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
- Uses technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and objectives of courses and programs and communicates clearly to students the expectations concerning the use of such technology.
- Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with departmental policies.
- Maintains attendance records, determines and submits grades timely, and in accordance with established policies and procedures of the College, and communicates progress feedback as well as other relevant information to students throughout the semester.
- Distributes and maintain accurate syllabi that incorporates departmental, college, cross-college, and instructor requirements.
- Conducts classes punctually and in accordance with the prescribed meeting schedule.
- Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure students’ performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Engages in periodic meetings with the department, Lead Instructor, and Chairperson relative to teaching duties and professional development.
Student Engagement & Advisement
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge, student and faculty interaction, and support for learners. Uses technology to assist in communication with students.
- Encourages a sense of community among students for learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Refers students to appropriate student and academic support services available at the College or in the community.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - Ongoing
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable and productive work and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Ensures accessible and inclusive curriculum design and teaching strategies, and specifically promotes, advises, and supports curriculum development aimed at creating a diverse and equitable learning environment.
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited program in the discipline.
- One-Two years as a Respirator Care Therapist (RCT); Registered Respiratory Therapist credentialed through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and licensed to practice by the Ohio Medical Board.
- Knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS), such as Blackboard, Intermediate Office Suite familiarity.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Compensation: $54.88 / hour
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):