Vice President of Academic Affairs & Compliance
Motlow State Community College
Dickson, TN, USA
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Vice President of Academic Affairs and Compliance. This position is fully on-site and located at the Dickson Campus with coverage responsibilities at all other campus locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required; Master’s Degree preferred. A comparable combination of education and related employment experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time administrative experience in education; post-secondary experience preferred. Experience must demonstrate increasing responsibility and decision-making responsibility. Supervisory experience required.
- Teaching experience with knowledge of instructional techniques and processes preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, human relations, communication skills (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Evidence of strong work ethic as it relates to timeliness of reporting, oversight of multiple on-going projects, and the ability to work with industry/employers.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of network systems; knowledge of student information management systems desired.
- Experience with grant writing and grant management desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public, multiple local businesses, employers, industry, workforce development agencies, secondary and post-secondary institutions.
- Provide leadership in the absence of the President in cooperation with the Vice President of Fiscal Services and the Vice President of Operations.
- Assist the President in planning, organizing, coordinating, marketing and directing the institutional programs and in-service activities.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of programs at extension and satellite campuses.
- Assist with the oversight of the evening college programs.
- Prepare and/or reviews various reports as assigned.
- Serves as accrediting agency liaison.
- Assist with organizing and overseeing all phases of operations including, but not limited to: purchasing, inventory management, and other duties as assigned by the President.
- Assist in coordinating with business and industry to develop special training opportunities.
- Assist in student conduct, attendance and academic matters when needed by interacting with the student population.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned staff, faculty and their programs.
- Assist in curriculum development.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and the financial operations of all programs.
- Prepare grant proposals and manage grant funds.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for all faculty and staff.
- Serve as Title VI and Title IX officer.
- Oversee professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Lead college initiatives for enrollment growth and student success.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the President.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines, education and directly related experience.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW:Complete application and submit resume at: Apply Now – Vice President of Academic Affairs & Compliance. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately. Applications accepted until position is filled. Applications received by December 23, 2023, will be assured full consideration.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs & Compliance, email@example.com, 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement. EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer