Senior Systems Engineer - School of Computer Science - Computing Facilities
Do you consider yourself a Linux enthusiast with a flair for filesystems and a passion for pushing storage server performance limits? The School of Computer Science's High-Performance Computing (HPC) team is seeking an innovative engineer to join our ranks and take our HPC storage infrastructure to the next level.
Picture this: Multiple HPC environments, fast networking, parallel filesystems, and performance monitoring are all part of our daily adventure. We're weaving our magic with InfiniBand, ZFS, Lustre, and Ansible. But here's the challenge – we need an outstanding engineer like you to join the expedition, supporting and evolving our existing technology stack.
This isn't just a job; it's an invitation to be at the forefront of groundbreaking technology. If you're ready to elevate your career and be a key player in crafting the future of HPC, we're eager to hear from you.
- Improve workflow efficiency by developing innovative scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Craft automated deployment pipelines using Ansible, and Bitbucket, ensuring a smooth and reliable deployment process.
- Contribute to the development of automated tests using Ansible and other innovative tools, ensuring robust system performance.
- Play a pivotal role in deployment, configuration, testing, problem solving, and maintenance of high-performance compute clusters and server environments.
- Maintain seamless integration with HPC systems through collaboration with system administrators, software engineers, and teams.
- Stay ahead of the curve with emerging HPC storage technologies and provide recommendations for their adoption.
- Assist in the creation of an organized and well-defined storage environment by developing and maintaining storage-related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3+ years of proven experience in HPC storage engineering.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Ansible or UNIX shells.
- Expertise with distributed filesystems and storage.
- Strong understanding of high-speed network architecture and network-attached storage (NAS).
- Expertise in monitoring, tuning, and solving problems with file systems.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent in effective communication and interpersonal interaction.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Ensure high availability and reliability of HPC storage systems by monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving issues.
- Optimize storage performance and capacity utilization.
- Architect and deploy HPC storage infrastructures.
- Successful background check
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are passionate about HPC storage engineering and want to work on groundbreaking projects, we encourage you to apply.
Job FunctionSoftware/Applications Development/Engineering
Position TypeStaff – Regular
Full Time/Part timeFull time
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance