Senior Administrative Assistant (Dental Hygiene)
Evansville, IN, USA
Title: Senior Administrative Assistant (Dental Hygiene)
Division: Provost's Office
Department: College of Nursing & Health Professions
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Grade 5: $13.17/hour
EEO Job Group: 5 E6
The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Senior Administrative Assistant (Dental Hygiene) .
To provide administrative support for the College of Nursing & Health Professions, Dental Hygiene and Dental Clinic.
- Establish and maintain student files and databases to facilitate student selection and orientation and health records.
- Maintain and track student health documentation for both programs.
- Process student forms and update student records.
- Serves as the Senior Administrative Assistant in the Dental Clinic.
- Provide support for the program selection process.
- Assist in preparation of special events for students and faculty.
- Assist in preparation of accreditation documents.
- Provide support to the program Chair and faculty including credit card use and reconciliation, collection and collation of accreditation documents, and curriculum documents.
- Assist in development, maintenance, and improvement of the student information system by establishing files on new students; entering in database programs; updating statistics; preparing current lists, mailing labels, and sheets of statistical data from the file reports.
- Respond to written and oral queries about the programs.
- Assist in the update of student and faculty handbooks.
- Prepare mailings and reports as requested.
- Coordinate course scheduling, section changes, room rescheduling, and book orders.
- Assist in maintaining program course and Blackboard websites.
- Assist in supporting all college activities.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Two years office experience or comparable work experiences required.
- Experience with microcomputers, word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail, and Internet programs required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills required.
- Strong customer services skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task required. Must possess the ability to prioritize work requested from all faculty in a timely manner.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Ability to be flexible and the willingness to learn new responsibilities in a short time required.
- Ability to apply skills learned to similar activities required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the flexibility to move from one project to another required.
- Ability to work cooperatively required.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of internal and external individuals required.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- College degree or some college coursework preferred.
- Knowledge of Blackboard technology preferred.
Regular Work Hours/Travel Requirements
- Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Hours may be adjusted for program/center coverage needs.
- An occasional change in schedule and/or overtime may be required.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 7% of annual salary.
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children.
- Accrue up to 10 paid vacation days per fiscal year – accrual increases after 4, 7, and 11 years of service
For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits.
Click “Apply Now!” near the top right of this page to complete an application and upload application materials. Application materials should include:
- Letter of interest and qualifications for the position
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Authorization to Work in the United States
USI typically will not sponsor an employment-related visa for this position.
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please contact the manager of Employment at email@example.com or (812) 464-1840. Contacting the manager of Employment is intended for use in seeking disability-related accommodations only. For general applicant inquiries, contact Human Resources at HumanRes@usi.edu or (812) 464-1815.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.