PSCC Nursing Faculty
Motlow State Community College
Knoxville, TN, USA
Some Experience Required
Title: Nursing Faculty
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2024
Type of Appointment: Full-Time Tenure Track
FLSA Status: Exempt
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
· Unofficial Transcripts
· Three Professional References (See below)
Reference check requirements:
· Non-supervisory roles: three (3) current or former supervisors
· Personal references (friends, clergy, customers, relatives) are not considered acceptable references
JOB OBJECTIVE: This is a tenure track position. Provide guidance, instruction and leadership to registered nursing students enrolled in the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AASN) program at the assigned program site. Assist with evaluation, scheduling, and advising of students. Provide classroom, lab, and clinical instruction to students enrolled in the AASN program utilizing team teaching methodology in an academic environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Instruction in theory, lab, and clinical practice in Fundamentals or Medical Surgical Nursing and one or more of the following nursing areas:
- Emergency Nursing, Critical Care, Pediatrics, Mental Health, Women’s Health or Gerontology/Geriatrics or other nursing practice specialty.
- All aspects of nursing care, including but not limited to; personal hygiene, client abuse, human sexuality, cultural diversity, ethnicity, nutrition (nursing, therapeutic aspects), pharmacology, legal, social and ethical aspects of nursing, and nursing leadership and management.
· Participation in departmental activities associated with the instructional program.
· Instruct and supervise R.N. nursing students in the clinical agency, laboratory, simulation, and community settings.
· Function under the direction of the Nursing Program Coordinators, the Chair of Nursing, and the Dean of Health Sciences.
· Communicate clearly and professionally with students and colleagues.
· Work effectively with traditional and non-traditional students, including but not limited to the culturally and ethnically diverse.
- Engage in the college’s mission and values.
· Participate in professional organizations related to nursing and teaching.
· Adapt quickly to changes in the nursing program.
· Apply theories and principles of learning to instruction.
· Adapt instruction to the entry level knowledge and skills of students.
· Recommend course and program changes to the Academic Department Chair and Dean when appropriate.
· Develop syllabi which meet college requirements, the Tennessee Board of Regents Common Curriculum for Nursing, and student needs.
· Use alternative instructional strategies where appropriate.
· Inform students of special instructional resources located in the Educational Resources Center and/or the Learning and Testing Center.
· Orient students to objectives and procedures before beginning instruction.
· Establish and communicate clearly defined grading procedures and standards.
· Use evaluations to revise and update content, objectives, and instructional strategies.
· Give examinations and other types of evaluations necessary to determine student level of performance and understanding.
· Keep students aware of their progress in the course through consistent use of the learning management system gradebook, and ongoing communication. Perform record-keeping responsibilities related to teaching and advising.
· Respond in a timely fashion to all reasonable deadlines.
Note: The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.
Be available to students by maintaining office hours that are reasonably convenient. Post and adhere to required hours, whether virtual or in the office. Be knowledgeable of the College policies, procedures, and assistance available to students. Assist advisees with the scheduling of classes. Monitor the academic progress of advisees. Hold conferences with students as needed.
Serve on committees and task forces as appointed by the President and Dean of Health Sciences. Use professional knowledge and skills to contribute to local and professional community activities whenever appropriate. Attend faculty meetings as scheduled. Contribute to the advancement of college goals through appropriate individual goals.
Professional Development (Teaching and Discipline)
Participate in professional development. Other objective to be agreed upon by faculty members and immediate supervisors in the development of personal, departmental, and divisional objectives.
A. All full-time and part-time faculty must have completed at least 18 graduate semester hours in their teaching field and hold a master's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college/university.
B. Endorsed with appropriate credentials of an unencumbered RN licensure in the State of Tennessee, American Heart Association CPR certification for healthcare professionals, advanced preparation and experience in a nursing practice specialty area.
A. One-year teaching experience in a pre-licensure program required.
B. Three years' related work experience as an RN preferred.
C. Acute Care Clinical Experience (within the past 3 years) preferred.
B. This employee should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, have good organizational skills, and be capable of handling multiple projects at one time.
C. To ensure that all faculty are proficient in oral and written English, the following guidelines are to be used during the selection process to evaluate candidates:
a. Ability to speak and write English clearly
b. Ability to understand written and spoken English
c. Ability to communicate effectively in an academic environment (for example, previous successful employment in an academic institution).
All employees are expected to engage in strategic institutional efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion of marginalized students.
JOB LOCATION: The primary job location may start at the Strawberry Plains Campus, Magnolia Avenue Campus or the Blount County Campus; however, the instructor may be assigned classes at other sites, and be requested to teach in any area of the nursing program to meet the needs of the students and the nursing program.
EQUIPMENT: The primary job location will provide an office for the faculty member. This location may change based on the needs of the nursing program and students.
Full-time Employment Benefits:
- Insurance Options: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long-term Disability, FSA/HSA
- Wellness Incentive Program, if enrolled in health plan
- Educational Assistance: Fee Waiver, Spouse/Dependent discounts, Audit/Non-Credit, Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Options: Tennessee traditional pension plan option (TCRS), 401k with $100 company match, 457, 403b
- Employee Discount program with over 900+ companies
- 14 Paid Holidays/Year Includes paid days off the last week of December
- Sick Leave Bank
- Longevity Pay
- Many opportunities for professional development
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Human Resources at Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the left to apply.
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required