Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Supervisor of Payroll Operations, the Payroll Coordinator coordinates providing staff, in-person and virtually, with timely and accurate payroll information, performing complex pay adjustments and transactions according to Federal, State, and Local regulations. This position ensures payroll is processed timely, accurately, and efficiently by coordinating staff and operations. The Coordinator provides guidance and serves as support to other members of Payroll. This role will encompass the ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies or inaccuracies, utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as a focus on attention to detail.
- Oversees the coordination ofthePayroll department byproviding functional oversight toPayroll Accountant(s) and Payroll Specialists toensure that employees, whether by phone, email, chat, or in person, receive prompt and accurate assistance and payroll information.
- Ensures that payroll information isprocessed accurately and timely asreceived.
- Works with other departmentsto ensure employees are paid accuratelyand that timely entry and approvals arecompleted.
- Completes more difficult payroll research as needed and relays information to appropriate parties.
- Works closely withdepartment leadership toidentify andcommunicate issues and needs and takes the initiative to remedy issues within College and department guidelines.
- Provides training to staff, asidentified by leadership. Reviews andapproves various tasks.
- Overseesthecompletionofpayrollcycletasksbystaff incollaborationwith the Supervisor of Payroll Operationsbydelegatingtasks,providingdirectionandsupport,and training as needed.
- Ensuresthatdeadlines, processes,andcommunicationsareadaptedasnecessarytocomplete payroll cycles with condensed processing timefor holidays and campus closure or when high volumes of payroll changes are processed, including overtime andweekend hoursasneeded.
- Isresponsible forthetimelycompletionof each payroll cycle and the settlement of payroll.
- Ensures that returned direct deposits are processed appropriately and positive pay isactioned in a timely manner.
- Servesasthesubjectmatterexpert(SME)of thepayrollmoduleforrecordingall payroll input and adjustments, ensuring that all pay components are functioning as expected, and assisting with testing system patches andupgrades.
- Participates in a varietyof strategicinitiativesand ad-hocprojects,as needed.
- Assists the Supervisor of Payroll Operations as needed.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Ongoing:
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- Associate degree in Accounting or a closely related field
- Two (2) years of payroll experience
- Experience with Workday is preferred
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Schedule: In-Person, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. Hours may include working outside of a normal workweek schedule to support the workload.
Salary: $60,000 annually
CSCC has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Full Time/Part Time:Full time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.