Nursing Instructor (Temp FT with benefits)
Community College of Allegheny County
Nursing Instructor (Temp FT with benefits)
Position Title: Nursing Instructor (Temp FT with benefits)
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 5, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Two temporary full-time positions with benefits are available at Boyce Campus.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting. Applicants with out-of-state RN licenses: A current Pennsylvania RN license (or temporary practice permit from PA State Board of Nursing) must be presented at time of offer. To submit for application and temporary permit, please visit http://www.dos.state.pa.us/nurse, select "Licensure Information" from the left menu and select the link "Board Forms/Applications." Under "Endorsements," select "Licensure by Endorsement with Temporary Practice Permit." Please note that the estimated time to receive a temporary practice permit is 3-4 weeks and is valid for up to one year. If you have any questions about RN licensure, you can contact the PA State Board of Nursing at (717) 783-7142 and ask for the endorsement area.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Job Slot: 3450, 3645
Job Open Date: 8/18/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
RN (current PA license); master's degree in nursing; clinical experience.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college's goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1367