Job Title: Network Engineer
Department: Information Technology
The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining and administering the operation of a nationwide network and voice infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software, and related infrastructure components remain in a highly available state by following established maintenance procedures and resolving issues as they arise. The Engineer will also be responsible for planning a future path for networking, VOIP, and other services for the enterprise. The Network Engineer will be onsite two to three days per week and hybrid to the Chicago office location.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism while using technical, analytical and communication skills to collaborate with IT staff in central IT and at the college locations.
- Help support datacenter operations in a Cisco, VMware, Windows-based environment.
- Help Support current and future Cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Promptly address issues affecting systems security, availability, and take ownership until resolution.
- Install and configure network, voice, cloud services, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain network, system security, and data integrity.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into user-friendly verbiage.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a related major, such as computer science, information technology, engineering or mathematics preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a mission critical, corporate IT work environment.
- Experience and with VMWare and Cisco technologies in a large-scale IT environment (200+ servers and multiple sites)
- Technical Certification in Cisco CCNA, CCNA Voice, VMWare, or Cloud technologies, preferred
- Anility to operate technical and office equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to stand, bend, grasp based on hardware and equipment support needs
- Ability to work after-hours, including weekends, and participate in on-call rotation as needed
Compensation & BenefitsThis opportunity is budgeted at $90,000 - 95,000 base compensation. Additional compensation factors may impact total compensation. To learn more about our competitive benefits and additional rewards, including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, click the link below.
The Community Solution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.