Motor Vehicle Operations Coordinator
Evansville, IN, USA
Title: Motor Vehicle Operations Coordinator
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: Facility Operations and Planning
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Grade 6: $14.06/hour
EEO Job Group: 9 E8
The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Motor Vehicle Operations Coordinator.
Coordinate and assist in the proper operation and maintenance of all University owned and leased vehicles. Assist in special projects and duties as assigned.
- Inspect University vehicles to ensure compliance with safety requirements and operating conditions. Conduct regular inspections to ensure that safety equipment and warning devices on University vehicles are properly installed and in good working order.
- Issue and maintain gas cards.
- Examine and test components of vehicles (i.e. brake systems, tires, steering, exhaust system) for evidence of wear, damage, or improper adjustment.
- Evaluate options and alternatives for vehicles needing repair or servicing and coordinating work.
- Perform light duty maintenance or coordinate the contracted service work on all University-owned vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to: headlight change-outs, lamp replacements, fluid checks and filling, wiper blade replacement, battery change-outs, and the coordination of all other vehicle maintenance work to be performed by off-site contractors.
- Perform light duty maintenance or coordinate the contracted service work on all University-owned grounds equipment including but not limited to: mower blade sharpening, oil changes, operating tractors, snow removal, tire changes, battery change-outs, lamp replacements, headlight replacements, and small engine repair for lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eaters, and leaf blowers.
- Coordinate carts, ATV, and grounds equipment maintenance work to be performed by off-site contractors.
- Supervise student workers and assist in servicing of vehicles including gasoline fill-up, oil level checks, wiper blade replacements, filter changes, and fluid level checks.
- Prepare and maintain records of usage and condition of all University vehicles and monthly fuel usage.
- Evaluate transportation needs of the University; make recommendations as to purchase, lease, or alternative solutions. Assist with the obtaining of bids and purchase of vehicles and with the disposal of excess vehicles.
- Assist with chauffeuring duties as necessary and as directed for University functions and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Ability to operate tractors, trucks, powered machines, or hand tools required.
- Extensive working knowledge of motor vehicles operations, maintenance, and servicing required.
- Ability to perform minor repairs to vehicles and grounds equipment required.
- Extensive working knowledge of grounds equipment operations, maintenance, and servicing required.
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record required.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Automotive or grounds equipment vocational training, or experience with automotive, grounds, farm, or equipment maintenance preferred.
- Two years supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills preferred.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 7% of annual salary.
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children.
- Accrue up to 10 paid vacation days per fiscal year – accrual increases after 4, 7, and 11 years of service
For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits.
Click “Apply Now!” near the top right of this page to complete an application.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Authorization to Work in the United States
USI will not sponsor an employment-related visa for this position.
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please contact the manager of Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 464-1840. Contacting the manager of Employment is intended for use in seeking disability-related accommodations only. For general applicant inquiries, contact Human Resources at HumanRes@usi.edu or (812) 464-1815.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.