The Enterprise Space Information Management (ESIM) service at Carnegie Mellon University is recruiting for a CAD Technician / Space Analyst position to manage space-related data and campus drawings, floorplans and associated space related data. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team on campus as we build this new service to provide floor plans, drawings and related data and reports to the university enterprise. We are in need of a motivated, detail-oriented self-starter who can support this new program to work with departments to collect, verify, maintain and report on space-related data and to support the university CAD/BIM specialist to create, verify, maintain and manage our library of CAD drawings. This position will involve coordinating with the campus design and project management groups for project-related drawings and to assist with project closeout.
Interested in learning more? Apply Today!
Core responsibilities will include:
- Help maintain, manage and upkeep building floor plan drawings and related data. CMU has over 400 floor plans for campus buildings that need to be verified and updated as changes to physical spaces occur.
- Collect, maintain and upkeep space-related data across campus in FM:Systems (our campus IWMS solution). This will require interacting with many departments and facility coordinators across the university.
- Maintain and upkeep the library of PDF floor plans and space reports used throughout campus for many purposes. Additionally, some of these drawings are linked to data that requires reporting of floor plan-related data.
- Respond to requests for specialized floor plan reports. The position will support vendors requiring floorplans (CAD or PDF) for various related projects.
- Assist departments to support various space survey and reporting processes that rely on up-to-date floorplans and related data.
- work with AutoDesk for CAD and REVIT for BIM data/drawings received from projects.
- Support the University CAD/BIM Specialist with tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within ESIM. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Equivalent experience and/or education may be considered in lieu of degree
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Required and/or preferred licenses, certifications; Software programs and systems; Languages
- Minimum skills, preferred skills (should be job related and/or technically oriented)
- Minimum Skills: Experience with AutoCAD
- Preferred: Experience with REVIT
- Preferred: Experience with FM:Systems or other IWMS or CAFM applications
- Successful Background Check
- Child Protective Clearance - Act 153
Job FunctionFacilities Operations
Position TypeStaff – Regular
Full Time/Part timeFull time
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance