Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
MidAmerica Nazarene University is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Counselor Education (Tenure Track). The position is a full-time, 11-month faculty appointment. This individual will teach within the core counseling curriculum. Successful candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate a commitment to higher education delivered with a Christ-centered worldview, a strong commitment to a servant leadership model, and be able to successfully perform the following responsibilities.
- Teach core courses
- Supervise students in practicum experiences
- Participate in scholarly activities
- Serve on Departmental and University committees
- Work collegially with departmental and cross campus faculty
- The start date will be for the fall 2024 semester, pending funding.
Desired Qualifications: Each candidate should meet the following qualifications.
- Familiarity with common in-class teaching tools (PowerPoint, Keynote, iPad apps, language tools) as well as learning platforms like Moodle.
- Willingness to participate in the common work and community life of the department faculty and campus at large.
- Giftedness in relating to and having meaningful conversation with students.
- Commitment to higher education delivery with a Christ-centered worldview.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Masters Degree in Counseling, Ph.D., or equivalent in Counselor Education (CACREP accredited program) preferred. Masters degree applicants will need to be willing to pursue a Ph.D. in Counselor Education upon higher. A record of successful experience in higher education and/or other educational environments is preferred.
- Eligible for licensure as a counselor in Kansas
- A track record as a collaborative, servant-driven leader with outstanding written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Preference will be given to those who show a history of academic scholarship and demonstrated service on doctoral committees.
Statement of Faith: MidAmerica Nazarene University is an intentionally Christian Community and desires that all employees in positions of leadership reflect a foundational Christian position in word, attitude and action. While there is no predetermined length or format for the Personal Statement of Faith, the norm is a one or two-page narrative document describing the applicant’s central Christian beliefs, significant formative influences in the applicant’s Christian experience (e.g., religious experiences of conversion or the affirmation of one’s faith, one’s family and/or home life, spiritual aspirations), and ways in which the applicant’s faith is being demonstrated in daily patterns and practices.
MidAmerica Nazarene University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, sex, religion*, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected class in the recruitment and admission of students, in the hiring process, during employment, and in the operation of all university programs, activities, and services.
Read the university’s full Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement at www.mnu.edu/jobs
*Christian faith and employment at MidAmerica Nazarene University:MidAmerica Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees based on religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preferred candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the Wesleyan tradition.