Assistant Athletic Trainer
Evansville, IN, USA
Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Division: President's Office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: Annual Salary
EEO Job Group: 2 C9
The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Assistant Athletic Trainer to assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the training responsibilities for all sports and the supervision of the Athletic Training Room.
- Follow the policies and procedures for the athletic training staff and facilities as established by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Help to maintain and organize the athletic training room and participate in its planning and development.
- Assist with maintaining medical, insurance and rehabilitation records according to established policies of the Head Athletic Trainer and the Athletic Team Physician.
- Carry out methods of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries as established by the Athletic Team Physician and Head Athletic Trainer.
- Participate in continuing education programs required to maintain state licensure and certification through National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA).
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintaining supply inventory for the Athletic Training program.
- Provide the Head Coaches of assigned sports team with daily injury reports regarding status of injured student-athletes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer, Athletic Team Physician and Director of Athletics.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field required.
- BOC and FA/CPR certifications required. Also, must be eligible for Indiana licensure as an Athletic Trainer.
- Good organizational and communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate and relate well to athletes, students and staff.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 11% of annual salary.
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children.
- Vacation and sick time
- Holiday pay
- Free access to Recreation, Fitness & Wellness Center.
- Access to on-campus University Health Center and Dental Hygiene Clinic.
For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits.
Click “Apply Now!” near the top right of this page to complete an application and upload application materials to the attention of the Search Committee Chair. Application materials should include:
- A letter of interest
- Unofficial Transcript (official transcript required at a later stage)
Search Committee Chair:
If you have questions about the open position, please contact Laura Heline, search committee chair, at email@example.com.
Best Consideration Date:
For best consideration, please submit materials before November 15, 2023.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Authorization to Work in the United States
USI will not sponsor an employment-related visa for this position.
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please contact the manager of Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 464-1840. Contacting the manager of Employment is intended for use in seeking disability-related accommodations only. For general applicant inquiries, contact Human Resources at HumanRes@usi.edu or (812) 464-1815.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.